Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey



Product DetailsI wasn't sure I liked this book at first.  I was going to stop reading it and then gave it one last push.  By the end of the first section I was hooked.  The alien mother ship appeared in the sky.  Were they friendly?  The whole world speculated on the visit.  Then there is an electromagnetic pulse that takes out all electronics.  Then flooding that causes America to lose all of the populations on both coasts.  Third is the plague that wipes out billions of people, then the silencers...who are snipers picking off survivors.  What will the aliens send next?  What if they look just like us?

Told from multiple perspectives and I couldn't wait for all the characters to collide. The cliffhanger ending surprised me as I disgustedly closed the book.  Now I have to wait for the sequel.   Sigh.

If you love dystopian literature as much as I do, you will love this thriller that takes place in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment