Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dogs of War by Sheila Keenan and Nathan Fox



As part of the 25 book challenge I have read outside my comfort zone. My latest book is a graphic novel. It was difficult for me to read due to the intense colors and sounds written as words. Watching Batman and Robin, the original one, with its bam and smash spelled out was easier. 

I have studied military history and did not know about the roles canines have played in history. It was fascinating to read and think about these heroic dogs and their handlers. I thought the last segment was the best. It is either due to the graphics being less intense or that I know more about the Vietnam Conflict. At the end of this book there is a text summary of the history of dogs in wartime as well as a bibliography of additional resources. 


No comments:

Post a Comment