Friday, January 3, 2014

If I Stay


I LOVED this book. I bought five copies for the library. Lexile is 830. It would be good for readers who choose not to read. I felt it was beautifully written. 


It takes place in Oregon. A snow day turns deadly when the family car is t-boned. Mia, outside her body, follows herself to the trauma unit. Massive injuries and brain trauma, but Mia doesn't feel a thing in this in between place. Her life is told through a series of flashbacks, alternating her views on family and friends who are keeping vigil. With the help of a nurses comment, she realizes she is the one who decides if she stays or moves on.

This is the best book I have read in quite awhile.

Check out the information on Shelfari.
http://www.shelfari.com/books/4391703/If-I-Stay/readers-reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment